Friday, February 27, 2009

At rest in His presence

So we say we love God, we love his people, we want to obey Him...but what about when he brings you to a place that is so uncomfortable, so difficult, so frustrating and tells you exactly how to deal with it? The "how to deal with it" is just as frustrating, almost as difficult and definitely as uncomfortable, now what? He doesn't leave us there, but reveals himself in ways I could never dream of. This is why I love the pleasure we present day Christians have of being able to own a Bible, the answer is always in there. So many times this past week a situation (honestly...people) have done something or said something that has brought me to a place of unrest, annoyance and down right anger. And in everyone of those situations God has slapped me in the back of the head with scripture that is so appropriate in dealing with each individual situation. Reaffirming to me that he is real, he is supernatural and he cares about little ole me. So thank you Lord for remembering me, thank you for talking to me, screaming at me, nagging me and loving me even when I am unlovable. Thank you for talking to me, guiding me and not giving up on me.
1 John 3:18-20
Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. This then is how we know that we belong to the truth, and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence whenever our hearts condemn us. For God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything.

My heart is at rest in His presence. I love being his.

No comments:

Post a Comment