Friday, February 6, 2009

My word for the year

So every year I like to get something fresh from God that motivates me throughout the entire year.  I love to get a word from scripture that I focus on for the year.  It is what drives me to do what I believe God wants me to have tunnel vision on throughout the year. My pastor calls that vision for the year, pretty cool.  So God gave me my focus (vision) for the year. Ephesians 1:15-23 is what will drive me this year (you thought I was going to write it out for you huh?!) Look it up for yourself.  So what I got from it was that God wants me to be praying for, guiding and building up people that have come to know the Lord and need guidance to become closer to the Lord, to have wisdom and revelation and to grow in their relationship with God.  To lead them through the process of becoming who God made them to be.  The word I kept hearing was leadership, developing leadership in them.  That God wants me to go above and beyond what I have ever done before to develop people for Him.  I have spent a few days just marinating in that, praying about it and reading it in Ephesians over and over again. Last night I journaled and asked God to show me specific people.  During all of this I have been thinking, ok, that's awesome God and I am so excited about that, but I believe that  in the church our vision comes from the top and that I should support the vision of my leaders and my pastor. Would God give me a vision for what he wants me to do that isn't the same as what my leaders have for me? Here comes the cool part. I was unable to make one of my favorite meetings this month, all staff at Seacoast. So thanks to technology I was able to watch what Pastor Greg had to say at all staff and the vision he has for us as a church this year. The challenge he had for us. Ya ready (have you figured out what it was yet???) Yep, Raising up leaders! How cool is God!  Many things he said were word for word what God was prompting me to do. AND it answered some of my questions and prayers, how do I do this God.   He brought up some amazing leaders to give us some specifics of how we can develop leaders and motivated up with steps to take.  I will never stop being amazed at how real our God is, how he knows each one of us, where we are and exactly what we need.  Again, he leaves me in awe of how he loves each one of us and takes care of us!

5 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world. Is this your first time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, Pastor Greg challenged us to be more relative and innovative.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite passages! Good word. Reproduce yourself, as God has reproduced Himself in you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God is so cool like that. It has amazed me more and more, day after day, just how He orders our lives. I mean, the little things that we don't even realize are significant, God uses to bring you to the place and the people he wants. I can't wait to read your blog regularly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is one of my most favorite passages to pray for others!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete