Saturday, March 28, 2009

The real me - who is that

Recently I was talking to some friends who are having a difficult time at work. Dealing with those people who push your buttons, drive you nuts and make you want to behave like someone who has never heard the name Jesus. So I went on a mission to find them scripture about how to deal with these wonderful challenges ( are you picking up on the sarcasm?) I was amazed when I began to put in a notebook all the scriptures there are instructing believers on how to handle people that are less than Christlike.  I dont think there is a notebook big enough. Sometimes God gently reminds me of things and then sometimes he slaps me in the back of the head and says, you've heard this before, how many times do I have to keep repeating myself.  The latter is what I got this time.  My prayer of thankfulness is that God always treat me with love, even if I dont treat others with love. My prayer request is that the Holy Spirit will take what I have been reminded of (to treat my enemies with forgiveness, compassion, to do good to them and to Love them) and supernaturally transform me to behave this way, so that my "natural reactions" to be like that of Christ. Right now often my natural reaction is not that of Christ, then he reminds me how to behave, then I change my attitude and my behavior.  I know in my head how I am suppose to behave and deeply desire that my instincts will follow.

1 comment: